With the delay of the opening of the 2020 regular season, we understand some staff may experience financial hardships. Through the Reds Staff COVID-19 Relief Fund we’re here to help eligible staff employed by the Reds.
Need assistance? The first step is to determine if you qualify for assistance from the Reds Staff COVID-19 Relief Fund. Some questions to ask include: 1) Am I an eligible staff member? 2) Do I have a qualifying event? 3) Are my expenses eligible? While there is a vetting process to ensure eligibility for the program, the initial qualifiers are that simple. Let’s find out if you may be eligible based on these questions.
1) Who is an eligible employee?
- Reds full-time staff members that are currently furloughed
- Current Reds staff member that received a pay cut of 10% or less
- Current Reds staff member with 5% or greater decline in bonus/commission but not impacted by a pay cut
- Certain Minor League Players
2) What are the qualifying events?
- Infectious Disease Outbreak (Epidemic/Pandemic) – i.e., COVID-19
3) What are the eligible expenses?
Some examples of eligible expenses include:
- Food and clothing for disaster-related assistance
- Basic household goods
- Housing-related assistance, including, but not limited to, reasonable repairs, mortgage and rent payments
- Basic transportation (not including routine maintenance)
- Extraordinary short-term medical expenses that are NOT covered by insurance
- Quarantine expenses
4) What are ineligible expenses?
The following are examples of expenses that DO NOT qualify for assistance:
- Legal fees, garnishments or expenses associated with divorce or custody cases such as loss of Alimony
- Credit card or personal loan debt
- Elective medical procedures, expenses or denied health insurance claims
- Insurance premiums or items covered by insurance policies
- Routine automobile/home repair or those due to deferred maintenance
The deadline to apply for assistance from the Reds Staff COVID-19 Relief Fund is August 7, 2020.
How to Apply
Step 1: Click the apply button - Create an online account (or login if you have already created one) to access the application page.
Step 2: Submit your application - Complete the requested information, and upload the required supporting documents. Submit your application for review.
Step 3: Breathe Easier - A grant specialist will review your application and contact you if more information is required.
What Happens Next?
Once your application is received, you will be notified to confirm receipt of your submission. If additional information is necessary to move forward you will receive an email outlining what documentation our team needs. Upon receipt of all supporting documentation a grant specialist will review and make a decision regarding your request. If approved, a grant distribution will be made based on your payment preference selected in the application. Check back daily to see the progress of your application as it moves through the review process.