With the delay of the opening of the 2020 regular season, we understand that our gameday staff may experience financial hardships. Through the Reds Gameday Staff COVID-19 Relief Fund we’re here to help eligible gameday staff including 2019 game day staff employed by the Reds and rehired for the 2020 season, and SBM staff who have been identified as eligible by SBM.
Need assistance? The first step is to determine if you qualify for assistance from the Cincinnati Reds Gameday Staff COVID-19 Relief Fund. Some questions to ask include: 1) Am I an eligible gameday staff member? 2) Do I have a qualifying event? 3) Are my expenses eligible? While there is a vetting process to ensure eligibility for the program, the initial qualifiers are that simple. Let’s find out if you may be eligible based on these questions.
1) Who is an eligible employee?
- 2019 game day staff employed by the Reds and rehired for the 2020 season
- SBM employees assigned to Great American Ball Park, identified as eligible by SBM
2) What are the qualifying events?
- Infectious Disease Outbreak (Epidemic/Pandemic) – i.e., COVID-19
3) What are the eligible expenses?
Some examples of eligible expenses include:
- Food and clothing for disaster-related assistance
- Basic household goods
- Housing-related assistance, including, but not limited to, reasonable repairs, mortgage and rent payments
- Basic transportation (not including routine maintenance)
- Extraordinary short-term medical expenses that are NOT covered by insurance
- Quarantine expenses
4) What are ineligible expenses?
The following are examples of expenses that DO NOT qualify for assistance:
- Lost compensation due to reduced hours or missed time from work
- Legal fees, garnishments or expenses associated with divorce or custody cases such as loss of Alimony
- Credit card or personal loan debt
- Elective medical procedures, expenses or denied health insurance claims
- Insurance premiums or items covered by insurance policies
- Routine automobile/home repair or those due to deferred maintenance
The deadline to apply for assistance from the Cincinnati Reds Gameday Staff COVID-19 Relief Fund is May 31, 2020.
How to Apply
Step 1: Click the apply button - Create an online account (or login if you have already created one) to access the application page.
Step 2: Submit your application - Complete the requested information, and upload the required supporting documents. Submit your application for review.
Step 3: Breathe Easier - A grant specialist will review your application and contact you if more information is required.
What Happens Next?
Once your application is received, you will be notified to confirm receipt of your submission. If additional information is necessary to move forward you will receive an email outlining what documentation our team needs. Upon receipt of all supporting documentation a grant specialist will review and make a decision regarding your request. If approved, a grant distribution will be made based on your payment preference selected in the application. Check back daily to see the progress of your application as it moves through the review process.